Friday, February 13, 2009

The other side of valentines

Wouldn't it be wonderful to wake up to a bouquet of roses and great amounts of chocolate, just knowing how much your boyfriend or husband loves you. The one day when love has most meaning, but then it sucks for the people that don't have boyfriends or are widows. How hurtful is it to be reminded that you don't have a love one or you lost a love one. Do you think valentines should be a holiday? must we really have a holiday were we are reminded that we love someone or that we should be loved. I HONESTLY don't really think so the only thing you get out of valentines is chocolates and other fattening substances. Its truly a nasty holiday if you seriously think about it. Company's use a day of love to take advantage of people and their money, its just another occasion to waste our cash !!! Love doesn't equal to money it equals to truth and self doing I believe it would be nicer if someone took me to their house and cooked for me and we would gaze out to the stars and talk all night, but then again things like that only happen in movies =/ Which really STINKS!!!!! I don't think that valentines should be a holiday. For all those girls that have been heart broken just sit tight, your white armored prince will soon arrive. Until then act upon yourself for the better of tomorrow and don't let anyone tell you different being you are the only captain of your ship.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with this. I always say that Valentine's Day is a holiday for all greeting card companies. I believe that every day should be a day where we love the ones that care about us. It was mean a lot more to me if a boy friend gave me flowers on a random day. On Valentine's Day gifts are given out of guilt not out of love. People don't do things because they want to, they do it because is Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete